Our People + Principals
LLB, BA (Hons)
Digby practices in the area of litigation and dispute resolution. He appears regularly in the superior Courts, including as trial Counsel, and is rated by clients and peers as a leading dispute resolution lawyer (see Doyle’s Guide).
Digby seeks to focus on the important issues with a view to achieving a speedy resolution. He appreciates the need to consider carefully the commercial aspects of a dispute and not only the 'black letter' law.
Digby believes in formulating a strategic plan with clients to achieve results. Litigation is an investment decision and ought to be approached in the same way as any other investment. He is regularly engaged by interstate firms whose clients require representation in WA, and is a member of the both the WA and NSW Law Societies.
Digby is a Director of Williams + Hughes.
Recent litigation matters Digby has run include:
- Acting for Court appointed trustee (including appearing as leading Counsel) in the Supreme Court in disputes involving assets in excess of $20 million;
- Acting for litigation funder in a class action against a public listed company;
- Defending publicly listed Resource company (as trial Counsel) in Supreme Court proceedings for breach of contract;
- Acting for a liquidator in a Supreme Court action, funded by a litigation funder, against a national stock broking firm for a breach of contract;
- Acting for a minority shareholder (as trial Counsel) in a Supreme Court claim against the majority shareholders for oppression;
- Acting for a large privately listed company in a Supreme Court claim for professional negligence against two law firms; and
- Acting in a complex inheritance claim under the Family Provision Act 1972 (WA).
- Corporate & business litigation
- Trade Practices
- Mining & resources
- Civil litigation
- Trusts & Estate Litigation
- Class Actions
- Professional negligence
- Agribusiness and farming
- ASIC Investigations